Bee happy: vanilla honey


I'm crazy for honey. I use it in my granola recipes, tea, on fresh bread and when the girls have a sore throat there's nothing better than a spoonful to soothe and give a little burst of energy to fight off the bug. Today I've started making vanilla-infused honey, I can't wait and see how it turns out in a couple of weeks!

If you'd like to make your own vanilla honey, cut a vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape the seeds into the honey and pop the pod into the jar. Turn the jar on its end once a day for up to two weeks (or longer) for a rich flavor. The more delicate taste of  the honey (such as clover),  the better you'll be able to taste the flavor of the vanilla.


Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?

I've never been good at the waiting thing.

2 comments:

  1. There's no such thing as too much honey!

    I rather like it with tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep poking my finger into it to see how it's coming along. In two weeks, I'll be a sticky mess and not much honey left. =D

      Delete